Req #: 497
Location: Vandalia, NC
Facility: ALL LOCATIONS
Job Family: Flight Operations - Crew
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group (AAG), seeking first officers to fill positions in all crew bases. $38.50 First Year Pay, up to $20,000 Sign on Bonus, $3,000 Commuting Allowance, AAG Profit Sharing,and $5,000 Pilot Referral Bonus available to all eligible employees!
QUALIFICATIONS: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT
(NOTE: Candidates may apply if they are within 3 months of meeting the minimum qualifications for immediate employment.)
- Must have necessary hours and qualifications under the ATP requirements or the restricted ATP requirements
- 25 Hours Multi-Engine required (Must be actual aircraft time. Flight Simulator time does NOT count.) (FAR 61.159)
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator's Permit
- First Class Medical
- Valid Passport
**Once hired, the Flight Simulator portion of your PSA Pilot Training will satisfy the remaining ATP multi-engine requirements**
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The First Officer is required to call the Captain's attention to any deviation from regulations, Company policy or safe operating practices. The duties of the First Officer shall include the following:
- Compliance with Company and FAA procedures, directives and regulations affecting the proposed flight.
- Performing the duties of the Second-in-Command (SIC) in accordance with Company Standardization Program.
- Aiding the Captain in preflight preparation as appropriate.
- Perform a visual preflight (walk-around) inspection prior to each flight.
- Perform a visual post-flight inspection after each flight.
- Assuming secondarily all responsibilities of the Captain and, in the event the Captain becomes incapacitated, full responsibility of the Captain.
- Performing such other duties as may be directed by the Captain.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flight benefits on American Airlines
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interview process is broken down into 2 sections:
Section 1 - General aviation test
Section 2 - Panel interview of 2-4 individuals